O$: v8.15 and connecting to PG

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Tue Jun 12 19:15:04 EDT 2018

hi Mike.

for the longest time, windows:

1) DOES NOT include the stuff that the average applications need to run (like redistributables)
2) DOES include all the bloatware

and more to the point, even if you install one version of the windows runtime redistributables, it may not solve you problems if the application was compiled with another.

so, should Omnis include the latest —   well thats a hard one to speak to .. since they could be over-writing a DLL of similar name — and cause another application to break.

so, its considered poor form to install that stuff, even if needed.   You are supposed to do it yourself.

Windows rationale never makes any sense.       so we always include the redistributable with our Omnis installers and force it to run .. just to make sure

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978