O$: Push Notifications anyone?

Paul Mulroney pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au
Sun Jun 10 20:55:39 EDT 2018

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your message!

My understanding is that for iOS, the ID is not unique to the hardware - different apps will get a different ID.  My guess is a GUID is generated when the app is installed/first initialised by the OS, so different apps on the same hardware will generate different IDs.  The reason for this is to prevent apps from sharing information via the ID.

As an aside, our plan is for Android devices only because of the cost of rolling out iOS - you can't really do ad-hoc deployment on the iOS platform like you can for Android.  I don't know how Android handles hardware IDs, so this is new ground for us too.

Regards,
Paul.

--
Paul W. Mulroney                                            We Don't Do Simple Pty Ltd
pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au       Trading as Logical Developments