ODB v1.69 as a service on Win 2012 Server

Reg Paling reg.paling at lokanet.com
Sat Jul 14 01:06:20 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I found the answer... when the ODB v1.69 runs as a service it looks for
its files in
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\OmnisDataBridge1.69\.

This is important because the config.xml and the messages.txt are both
there.  So the config.xml had not been edited to declare my datafiles,
but I could not see the corresponding messages.txt to find the error
message about that.  (I did search the computer for copies of
messages.txt, but Windows hid the one in this directory from me because
it's regarded as a special "system" directory.)

I liked Rudopf's suggestion of using Task Scheduler rather than running
as a service, and I think I will integrate that along with the backup
scripts which need to stop and start the ODB.

Thanks to all who helped,
Reg