Transparent box on top of Window Fields

Michael Mantkowski michaelj at clientrax.com
Mon Apr 30 17:16:37 EDT 2018

I want to place a Transparent Red Box around a column of fields that are in a window akin to a spreadsheet that is made up of many rows of subfields.

I want to be able to highlight the current column that needs to be worked on.

What I really want is a background rectangle that shows on top of the Window Objects but does not react to the mouse.

I see this type of thing in other programs and even on browser apps.

Any ideas on how to do this in Omnis?

I can almost achieve it with a HOTPICT control, but you can't control the Line Width or color and of course it reacts to clicking inside when I want to be able to click the fields under it.

Heck even if I could draw four lines that stayed on top to create my square would be fine.