O$8.x - options to manage consistent look & feel

Brian A O'Sullivan brian.a.o-sullivan at axaltacs.com
Fri Apr 27 11:27:24 EDT 2018

Hello all,
I'm preparing to upgrade my company's v6.x applications to v8. I'm expecting a smooth upgrade to v8 regarding syntax/compatibility, but also want to take this opportunity to do a thorough refresh of the look-and-feel of our application. We currently use some older Studio features, like fieldstyles, to help manage consistent look-and-feel. I've noticed some newer (to me, anyway!) options such as "themes" and "background skins", and wondering if anyone would like to share thoughts on how to best take advantage of (or avoid) these & newer options I've yet to discover in v8.

Another GUI-related issue I want to address is font-size. Our apps currently use 9 or 10 point fonts for entry & display fields. This was pretty comfortable 15 years ago, but nowadays with higher-resolution monitors, this is becoming painfully small. Curious what the prevailing trend is in the Omnis-world for standard font-sizes & adjusting for higher-res display screens.

Thanks & best regards,

Brian A. O'Sullivan
IT Application Sr.Analyst, R&D (TIPS)

Axalta Coating Systems
50 Applied Bank Blvd, Suite 300
Glen Mills, PA 19342  (USA)

+1 (610) 358-5080
brian.a.o-sullivan at axaltacs.com<mailto:brian.a.o-sullivan at axaltacs.com>
axaltacoatingsystems.com

This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be Privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.