$Ov815-Mac v10.13.4 - SQL : instruction LIKE blocks Omnis

jmv jmvoegeli at bluewin.ch
Mon Apr 23 07:34:23 EDT 2018

Dear List,

I'm against a problem I do not understand.

In the bloc :

(iListe is a smart list bound to an omnis (SQL) data file (*.df1))

Do iListe.$select(vSqlText) Returns #F
If flag true
	Do iListe.$fetch(kFetchAll,kFalse) Returns vStatus
	If (vStatus=kFetchOk)|(vStatus=kFetchFinished)
		Calculate vNbDe as iListe.$linecount
	End If
End If

The code : WHERE ( Frn_CodeID LIKE 'P%' ) or WHERE ( Frn_CodeID LIKE 'A%' ) or every letter in the alphabet ... works well.

BUT : WHERE ( Frn_CodeID LIKE 'O%' ) ---> lettre 'O'. (The file has about 15 “Frn_CodeID” beginning with the letter 'O')

With this special instruction the line « Do iListe.$fetch(kFetchAll,kFalse) Returns vStatus »
stops, the cursor becomes a watch until ... I do not know. After 15 minutes I had no more times to wait.

Has the string 'O%' a special meaning, or is a sort of command in SQL, which would explain why this special instruction blocks omnis ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Jean-Mar Voegeli