O7: Duplicated Sequence

Juan Bofill juanbofillaba at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:48:31 EDT 2018

I do it on my 2003 server:

Omnis Tech Note TNDF0004

Accessing Omnis datafiles on Windows 200X Servers
	For Omnis Classic 7^3 and Studio
Supplied by Mike Boswell of Access Accounting

This tech note discusses how you can access Omnis datafiles on Windows 200X Servers.

An issue has been found with trying to access Omnis datafiles on Windows 2000 servers, servicing Windows 2000 Professional clients. Microsoft has found an issue within the SMB and has tried to fix this in Service Pack 3. Unfortunately the fix does not extend as far as Omnis and Jet data files.

In order to solve the issue, you will need to edit the registry on Windows 2000 Server. We would strongly suggest that a competent, network professional, implement this fix and that a full system backup has been made before attempting this.

Implementing Solution - Part One
1. Log onto your Windows 2000 Server as an Administrator.
2. Go to Start bar and select run.
3. Within the run box type "regedt32" and click on Open.
4. The registry editor window should open.
5. From the menu bar, select the Windows Menu
6. From this menu select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, this should bring the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE window to the top.
7. Using the tree structure, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MRxSmb\Parameters\
8. Click on the edit menu and select Add Value.
9. In the value name type "OplocksDisabled", change the data type, via the pull down list, to REG_DWORD.
10. Click OK
11. Another window will appear, prompting you for a value.
12. In the value window, set the value to 1 and make sure that the dot is in Hex.
13. Click OK.
14. Close Registry Editor.
15. Disconnect all users from server.
16. Restart Server.

Implementing Solution - Part Two
1) Log onto your Windows 2000 Server as an Administrator.
2) Go to Start bar and select run.
3) Within the run box type "regedt32" and click on Open.
4) The registry editor window should open.
5) From the menu bar, select the Windows Menu
6) From this menu select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, this should bring the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE window to the top.
7) Using the tree structure, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters.
8) Click on the edit menu and select Add Value.
9) In the value name type "EnableOpLocks", change the data type, via the pull down list, to REG_DWORD.
10) Click OK
11 ) Another window will appear, prompting you for a value.
12) In the value window, set the value to 0 and make sure that the dot is in Hex.
13) Click OK.
12) Close Registry Editor.