O$8.1.3 Omnis Bug? Picture Control in Complex Grids

Omnis Newbie omnisnewbie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 11:10:27 EDT 2018

8.1.3 64bit, Win7

Hello list,

I am having a big problem and I think it is an Omnis Bug

The problem is with a Picture Control on a row of a Complex Grid.  Everything
is working fine even the Picture Control with one big exception.

When there is more than a few (10 or so) rows and the user scrolls there is
a terrible flickering redraw.  It is so bad that it makes the application
unusable.

The problem happens in Chrome and Firefox and in an Android browser, and it
happens using a scroll wheel, or the page down scroll bar, and finger on
Android.

It doesn’t matter how big or small the Picture Control is.

I can also repeat this in the Webshop sample via the Omnis Hub by
commenting out the Where Clause which simply brings in more of Pictures all
at once, so it is not a programming issue.

I cannot test the Webshop in the online gallery because I can’t comment out
the where clause.

Has anybody had this problem?

Would any of you helpful  people take a quick look at it and see if the
same thing happens, it would only take minute to go to the hub applets and
choose Webshop and comment out the where clause and test.

Thank you for your help.

Jay