Display picture

Bastiaan Olij bastiaan at basenlily.me
Thu Jan 26 20:37:33 EST 2017

Hey David,

We've been having issues with images pasted into pictures fields even in
Omnis Studio 6. They seem to be using whatever internal format the
platform uses and Omnis won't convert them to anything. pictformat on
mac does return 'PICT' as the format but I remember having issues in
Omnis Studio 4 with it returning empty, could be unrelated but just
thought I mention it.

Also have a look at the omnis SDK and find the file called colpix.h, it
describes the data format for shared pictures. On face value it looks
like its a straight forward  bitmap format where the data is either
presented as is, or RLE compressed. If you can verify that the images
are indeed stored as such it looks like there is enough in the SDK to
create a little xcomp that converts the data to something else.

If it turns out to be some other format, I vaguely remember Omnis will
simply add a header in front of the raw image data, if you can strip
that off you might be able to use something else to figure out what the
format actually is and convert it to something more usable.

Cheers,

Bas