Omnis and Postgres

Bastiaan Olij bastiaan at basenlily.me
Tue Jan 17 16:59:52 EST 2017

Hey Chris,

Restarting the whole machine?

I don't have personal experience but our IT guy that looks after many of
our clients computer has this as his personal gripe. EVERYTIME Windows
does an automatic update half the services get shut down and don't come
back up. Postgres generally does come back up but pgAgent very often
does not.

It's happened a few times now that we find out after a week or two no
backups have been running and when talking to the client they go like
"oh yeah, each morning I start JobBag it gives me a message that no
backups have run, but you guys do the backups, so I ignored it"... Uhm
ok, thanks Microsoft!

Cheers,

Bas