Omnis and Postgres

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Tue Jan 17 08:16:46 EST 2017

hi Chris:

I have not experienced postgres unable to start after a windows 10 update on any of our sites using win 10 — but I’ll watch.   If you find out any other info, please share it.

We’ve tried to turn of windows 10 update and anti virus so we can do managed updates of things, but microsoft, in their apparent wisdom, have decreed that people are to stupid to know what is good for them so windows 10 automatically turns those back after a short while.

the only way I’ve heard of to prevent auto-updates, if it helps you,  is to  declare your internet connection to be dialup by editing the registry (which they also make harder).

I’ve followed links online and done it once —   but if that helps you for the future — you might want to go search.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978