An interesting experiment with JSON, Postgres and Omnis

Paul Mulroney pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au
Sun Jan 15 19:26:13 EST 2017

> On 14 Jan 2017, at 1:00 AM, omnisdev-en-request at lists.omnis-dev.com wrote:
>
> My point is merely that I've talked to plenty of developers whose needs
> are small enough that learning a completely new environment is complete
> overkill compared to creating a couple of remote forms in a technology
> they already posses the skills in. Not everyone is in the market for
> building a full fledge all bells and whistles website and mobile behemoth.

We're in that boat - we have a thick client application, that only requires certain features to be web based/mobile based, so it's relatively painless to go from Omnis thick client to wmClient or jsClient.

We're doing a slightly bigger project, and for that I'm looking at using Bootstrap for the website part, Omnis as the middleware and Postgres as the backend.  We're planning to build a RESTful API in Omnis and have the website use that.  We'll still have thick clients connected to the same system as well, so it's going to be an interesting one!

Regards,
Paul.

Broken pencils are pointless.
--
Paul W. Mulroney                                            We Don't Do Simple Pty Ltd
pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au       Trading as Logical Developments