Active X controls failing on Studio 8.0.2 Run Time

JR Wright jr_wright at directline-tech.com
Fri Jan 13 13:28:47 EST 2017

Hello all.

Our libraries utilize a variety of ActiveX controls.  We are in the process
of converting all of our libraries to Studio 8.0.2.  When testing on Windows
7 and on Windows 10 the ActiveX controls fail, but only in the Studio 8.0.2
Runtime.  In Studio 8.0.2 Development and Studio 8.0.1 Runtime everything
runs perfectly.

The issue is that the ActiveX control will load, but when you attempt to set
or view any property of the ActiveX control Omnis throws the error
"...Unrecognized external component attribute"  This is true for any
property on 100% of the ActiveX controls.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  If so, is there a work around or
property that I need to set to get this to work?

JR Wright, CTO
DirectLine Technologies, Inc.
https://directline-tech.com
1-209-491-2020 ext. 6312

NOTE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of the original message.