Surface Pro network issues

Jim Creak jim at jacsoft.co.nz
Thu Jan 12 19:22:25 EST 2017

i’ve finally managed to get hold of a Surface pro to look at this myself, only to find that their is no “Power Management” tab available. further hunting gives me this link:

Apparently the hiding of this required tab is a design feature, which means that we can’t support Omnis if it is linked to DML or ODB because the Surface pro might (and does seem to) decide to disconnect from the network at any random time it chooses.

Any other ideas, or will I need to revamp the whole application to disconnect from the datafile when not in use, and then reconnect when a user decides to do something on it?

Thanks
Jim

JACSoft Programming Ltd. <http://www.jacsoft.co.nz/main.shtml>