An interesting experiment with JSON, Postgres and Omnis

Sten-Erik Björling s-e.bjorling at enviro.se
Wed Jan 11 07:01:32 EST 2017

Hi Andrea,

Raymond Treß have experience in these approaches. Might be a good contact.

Take care, all the best…

Stene

______

> 11 jan. 2017 kl. 12:42 skrev Andrea Zen <a.zen at athesiavr.it>:
>
> Nice share, thanks!
>
> Just a question: if I understood well, at the moment you have a client-server application entirely written in Omnis and you plan to develop a middle tier that will handle all the business logic with another language.
> Why don't you use Omnis also to develop the middle tier? If so you could use the current business logic you have, calling it from remote tasks. From outside you could directly call the $construct of the remote tasks with http calls.
> You'll need only to develop the JSON encode/decode part, to format the input as your current business logic expects it, and to format the output in a common understandable way for all possible callers (client/app/web).
>
> Andrea Zen

Sten-Erik Björling
Enviro Data
Kyrkogatan 5A 2 tr
SE-972 32  Luleå
Sweden

E-Mail: s-e.bjorling at enviro.se
Mobile: +46-70-655 11 72
Skype: stenerikbjorling
iChat: stene at mac.com
FaceTime: stene at mac.com
Hotmail / Messenger: stenerikbjorling at hotmail.com
GMail: stenerikbjorling at gmail.com

______

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any use, distribution, or reproduction of the contents of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message including any attachments thereto. Thank you.

Please note that we take reasonable precautions to prevent the transmission of viruses; however, we cannot guarantee that this email or its attachments are free from viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the opening of this message and/or attachments.