Messaging System in Omnis

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Tue Jan 10 13:20:40 EST 2017

hi Xavier.

the truth is, we have not benchmarked anything significant as of yet.   our development machines are all core i7, so we have 8 threads and they always seem fast, plus they run on ssd’s.

our big servers are 32 thread freebsd machines with ssd’s as cache, zfs as the file system and 256 gigs of ram….

but they are only postgres 9.5 at this time — the plan is to upgrade them to 9.6 in may time frame, so I can’t give you any definitive answer on a production environment that is heavily used.

thats not the answer you wanted…    but we did try the  parallel function in  pg_restore with large databases a couple of years ago … and its amazingly faster…    so, we expect that multi-core  queries will be intuitively better.

i hope that helps.    best knowledge I have at this time.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978