Messaging System in Omnis

Mayada Al-Kishtini malkishtini at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 19:07:56 EST 2017

Hi Doug,

Yes and we are using the notify object/mechanism that you are referring to in our app and that is one of the options I'm considering, but as you mentioned this is only supported in postgres 9+ and we do have many clients on 8.4.

Thank you very much for your feedback, it confirms that I'm looking in the right direction. :).

I'm thinking to use a timer and query the db (to replace the notify feature) for clients running postgres 8.4, but not sure how stable that will be.

Thank you,
Mayada