photo manipulation in Studio 6.1 and/or Postgres

Jim Pistrang jim at jpcr.com
Tue Feb 14 09:27:39 EST 2017

Hi all,

I'm storing some photos as binary data in a Postgres database.  The column is defined as a PICTURE in the Omnis schema, and the user inserts/updates by pasting a photo into a picture field (kPictureObject) in an Omnis window.  I can check the size of the pasted picture with the binlength() function and not do an insert or update if the image is too large.

My immediate problem:  I haven't been checking the size up till now, and there are about 500 photos already in the database that are really big (8mb or so).  Is there a way in Omnis (or with some other tool) that I can fetch an image, reduce its size, and then update postgres?

Thanks from snowy New England,

Jim

--
Jim Pistrang