NO: colour laser printers

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 11:49:06 EDT 2016

Hello Rob!

Well, buying 'new' is one approach. Having bought any number of new printers over the years...

I was _given_ an HP Color LaserJet CP2025 a couple of years ago; needed some minor repair so trivial I can't even remember what it was. It has all the features you're looking for: Full Duplex, 4 toner cartridges (with a wide range of suppliers to pick from), TCP/IP networking available - though USB is the cheaper model, very good driver support of HP printers via Apple Updates. I often use the 'black only' option - printing a lot of music and the like - so one can keep toner consumption focused on one cartridge.

Full-color performance is really good; 'business acceptable'. It's 'good enough' for photos, too, but it ain't the same color saturation as the more purpose-built photo printers.

Thing has been a workhorse. Just resupplied it new toner cartridges - again - and the thing keeps on ticking. These can now be had for prices ranging from 'cheap' to 'free'.

Lou Picciano