O7: ODBC missing data from SQLServer

Gavin Foster omnislist at dataweaver.com
Mon Jun 20 18:44:28 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I’m migrating an Omnis 7 application to SQLServer, using ODBC to connect.
This is Windows 7, Omnis 7 (32 bit) with ODBC connection created using C:/Windows/syswow64/odbcad32.exe

All the data goes into the database, using $insertnames / $updatenames and seems fine.

However if we do a “select * from <table>” and fetch a row / build a list based on a large file format (like 200 fields), then characters get lost. This only happens with particularly large (wide, multi-column) results sets.

i.e.
At various points along the row(s) of data, a character in the results simply doesn’t end up in the CRB.
It might be a char(1) field which ends up blank.
It might be a char(9) field which only has 8 characters in it, and the last one has gone awol.

Can anyone remember this issue from the time they used O7?
- is it the ODBC driver we’re using (SQL Server)?
- is it a fault in O7 that was fixed in some patch release or not?

Note that all the data is returned in Studio 8 v1.2.1
However, that is 64 bit Studio on Windows 7 with a 64 bit ODBC connection.

Thanks and regards,
Gav