Opening a document from Studio 8 in Windows

Phil (OmnisList) phil at pgpotter.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 13:31:42 EDT 2016

Hi Scotte,

just F1 on the register dll command... and all should be revealed...

ie: Handle = 32 bit int, 16 gives current user desktop:

Register DLL ('shfolder.dll','SHGetFolderPathW','NJJJJC') Returns ErrCode
Call DLL ('shfolder.dll','SHGetFolderPathW',Handle,16,'#NULL#',0,lvPath)
Returns ErrCode

ie lcProgram = 'Excel' will run Excel...

Register DLL ('Shell32.dll','ShellExecuteW','JJCCCCJ') Returns lbStatus
Call DLL
('Shell32.dll','ShellExecuteW',0,"#NULL#",lcProgram,lcParams,"#NULL#",1)
Returns lbStatus

regards
Phil Potter
Based in Chester in the UK.