Opening a document from Studio 8 in Windows

Scotte Meredith spomacguy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:08:12 EDT 2016

I’m new to using Register DLL & Call DLL.

Where do I find documentation on what all the parameters like the ‘JJCCCCJ’ come from and how I know which to use?

I’m using Studio 8 (64 bit) on Windows 8 and getting crashes when calling either shell32 or Kernel32 to open an external document or get a short pathname. It worked prior to Studio 8. I have put in a test for isunicode() and am using ShellExecuteW instead of ShellExecuteA as in 32 bit.

Scotte Meredith
SpoMacGuy at gmail.com