Omnis 3 Conversion

Alex Clay aclay at mac.com
Thu Jun 16 17:09:21 EDT 2016

We use a local datafile. There is a "Unix" volume mounted in OS X that maps to a specific folders in Mac OS X, much like a Shared Folder concept in VMWare or Parallels. I don't think you'll get very far sharing a datafile that way — from what I understand file locking will be an issue.

On the SheepShaver site I recall seeing a guide to getting AFP working inside Mac OS 9 but we didn't need it for our app.

Alex