SV: Omnis data transfer

Daniel Sananes daniel.s at kopparbergs.se
Tue Jun 7 14:19:03 EDT 2016

Thanks Jock,

hälsning

Daniel Sananés
Kopparbergs Bryggeri AB
Tel:  + 46 (0)736 70 40 70
www.kopparbergs.se

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: omnisdev-en [mailto:omnisdev-en-bounces at lists.omnis-dev.com] För Jock Philip
Skickat: den 7 juni 2016 20:14
Till: OmnisDev List - English <omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com>
Ämne: RE: Omnis data transfer

You have to export using something like tab delimited format if you want clean data.  ODT will likely copy the corruption over.  You also need to pay attention to the number of records that actually get exported with each file.  When doing the export you specify the index that's used for each file and it's possible that you have corruption on that index.  If the number of exported records doesn't match the number of records in the database, you will have to try exporting on a different index and keep doing that till you get a good one or at least the one that is best.

Jock

Jock Philip       [jock at visionchips.com] Vision Chips, Inc.
888.517.7779 x 3563
http://www.visionchips.com/

Developers of OBserver OB/GYN Ultrasound Reporting and Image Archiving System