O$5.0.1 install on Windows 10: RESOLVED

C. Fedy c_fedy at videotron.ca
Mon Jun 6 16:17:57 EDT 2016

Hello,

Issue resolved !

Thank you to all who replied with suggestions and recommendations.

I am happy to report that our installation issue has now been resolved.

Dirk removed Java (32 bit and 64 bit) and re-installed java(32 bit) and this has resolved our issue with the windows 10 installation. The thought is that having both the 32 bit and the 34 bit java installed simultaneously was the problem. We were pointed in that direction by technical support who sent me the following list of recommendations which I will share here in case they may be useful to someone in the future who has a similar problem.

"There are a couple of things that can cause this problem:
1) No default printer installed (Fault number ST/PF/409).
Check and see if there is a default printer installed.
If not, add a dummy printer (something that Windows lets you do), i.e. HP LaserJet 4.
And preferably not a network printer
Now re-start Omnis.

"Provided that Omnis Studio loads, you should then be able to remove the dummy printer at a later date.

"2) There is an external object/component causing problems.
a) Temporarily remove the o$xcomp/javaobjs.dll     - this can cause issues if Java is not installed
b) Temporarily remove the o$xcomp/ocxhndlr.dll     - this can cause issues with Active-X components loading."

Regards,
Cathy Fedy