Q: What is the oldest computer program still in use?

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Thu Jun 2 15:33:08 EDT 2016

On 01/06/16 07:17 PM, OmnisList wrote:
> As an afterthought.
>
> Could you imagine the whole Veteran’s Administration (VA), and all the hospitals in the planet and countries that have adopted the VA’s “VISTA" (i.e. “Veterans Information System Technology Architecture”), which is based on MUMPS, using an Omnis-based Thick-Client and Web-Client front-end.  This includes other Electronic Health Systems (EHRs) that also use MUMPS such as EPIC, MEDITECH, etc.; even England’s NHS uses MUMPS.
>
> What would have been the possibilities for Omnis….?
>
> Oh.  I can dream. Can’t I…?

Richie, you just reminded me of a great Lily Tomlin quote, "Forgiveness
is giving up all hope for a better past."

Omnis enabled the careers of many on this list and the people behind it
made what they thought were the best decisions with the information
available to them at the time. All I know is that most generals are
great at fighting the past war. They're not so great at fighting the
next one. (Maginot Line, anyone?)

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay