Q: What is the oldest computer program still in use?

OmnisList omnisdev at healthcareinfopartners.com
Wed Jun 1 19:17:37 EDT 2016

As an afterthought.

Could you imagine the whole Veteran’s Administration (VA), and all the hospitals in the planet and countries that have adopted the VA’s “VISTA" (i.e. “Veterans Information System Technology Architecture”), which is based on MUMPS, using an Omnis-based Thick-Client and Web-Client front-end.  This includes other Electronic Health Systems (EHRs) that also use MUMPS such as EPIC, MEDITECH, etc.; even England’s NHS uses MUMPS.

What would have been the possibilities for Omnis….?

Oh.  I can dream. Can’t I…?