Move ODB from Mac to Windows 2012 R2

Reg Paling reg.paling at lokanet.com
Thu Dec 15 18:01:34 EST 2016

Hi Stephen,

It is totally simple.  Just move the datafiles to the Windows 2012
server, install the latest ODB for windows and configure it to point to
the datafiles, and point the clients to the new IP address.  Everything
else will work exactly as before.

The only thing I am not completely sure of, is whether windows will
handle your number of segments and number of users better or worse than
the Mac.  I suspect it will probably be better, but others may have
direct experience of that sort of scale.

Cheers,
Reg
(Reluctant defender and advocate of ODB!  ;-)