Locking -- and how to share update code as open source

Phil Phil at pgpotter.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 03:23:39 EST 2016

Hi Bas, Doug,

Yes your probably true, my solution is at a basic level, but good enough
for many environments, I don't recall how much more you would get with
an Omnis datafile solution though.

When you need to go that step more, with indexes and referential
integrity, and code that probably goes across multiple SQL data types...
I'm sure it would not take that much more to add that functionality?

I'm with you Doug, I'd be happy to contribute to the open source pot...
For sure I'd learn from others, and at the end of the day, we all sell a
solution as a whole, not bits of code...
So if we can grab a few building blocks to make that a quicker process,
surely that is good for all?

regards
Phil.

--

P G Potter, 11 Regency Court, Mickle Trafford, Chester, UK.

This message is confidential and intended for the use only of the person
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are
strictly prohibited from reading, disseminating, copying, printing,
re-transmitting or using this message or its contents in any way.
Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message
are not given or authorised by the Company unless otherwise indicated by
an authorised representative independent of this message. The Company
does not accept liability for any data corruption, interception or
amendment to any e-mail or the consequences thereof. Emails addressed to
individuals may not necessarily be read by that person unless they are
in the office.