Locking -- and how to share update code as open source

Bastiaan Olij bastiaan at basenlily.me
Tue Dec 13 20:17:12 EST 2016

Hey Doug,

I'd welcome that future and will surely become a contributor.  Well you
know me, there are plenty of little libraries I've made over the years
already floating around there in the public domain, what is lacking is a
central point where people can find what I and others have made. Besides
the VCS aspect that allows us to collaborate I also think there should
be a place to store stable copies people can just grab and run with. I'd
love to see an asset store within the developer hub in Studio where
people can upload and share libraries they've created for the community
(I'm using something similar in other programs I use).

And indeed, I'm sure there are many different solution out there already
for this particular issue as each and everyone who's gone to SQL has had
to deal with this in some way, shape or form. It'll be interesting too
see what will come to the table when we have an active way to work
together and build a community solution for this, IMHO critical piece of
the puzzle for any Omnis developer wanting to make the move to SQL.

Cheers,

Bas