Mac OS X and NAS

Joe Maus jmaus at theccgllc.com
Tue Dec 6 13:16:55 EST 2016

Hi,

I’ve looked over the archives and can’t seem to find a definitive answer, does using an appropriate NAS device sharing a datafile via SMB work when connecting via a Mac (which will mount the share as an SMB://MyDrive share)?

I am aware there are differences in performance and we’re looking at NAS devices with a decent processor (Intel Celeron 2.41GHz Dual-Core CPU (Burst up to 2.58GHz)) and ram (2GB) and dual 1000BaseT ports so it should be reasonably speedy (we’re getting one to test anyway) but the real question is, will it work without corrupting the datafile.

Regards,

Joe Maus
The Convergent Consulting Group, LLC
303-349-6696