How to clear #MU by brute force

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Tue Mar 31 13:16:28 EDT 2015

hi Peter:

I'm foggy -- its been about 12 years since I had to do this...

but I think if you open up the .df1 with the data utilities, there is a # format in the list of files that you can delete and that would fix it.     I even seem to recall it was called #USERS

in other words, using the data utilities in a copy of omnis, you would see your file names and there are two or three others like #SLOTS and #USERS ??

if you see something like #USERS ... make a backup copy of your entire database and then delete it and see if that works.

Having to do this goes back to days of omnis 5 & 7 and when we were not using the data bridge.     I think the requirement went away when we began using the data bridge -- but ... mucho hazy recollections since we went postgres eons ago.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 536-1205    Fax (403) 536-1210