Calculating text width in reports in O$ 4.3

Dave Jobling omnisstuff at tynedalecomputers.com
Tue Mar 31 12:42:35 EDT 2015

Hi

I'm trying to use FontOps.$reptextwidth to accurately calculate the width of a string which will then be assigned to a text object on a report.

For example:-

FontOps.$reptextwidth('This is my text',3,12,kPlain)

Or

FontOps.$reptextwidth('This is my text','Arial',12,kPlain)

Unless I use a very short piece of text I can't get it to accurately calculate the width.  The longer the text the more inaccurate it becomes.

Has anybody managed to get this to work accurately?

Thanks

Dave Jobling