O$: Web Service Server to return custom Faults

RM research robertmostyn99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:53:12 EDT 2015

Nick,

When I write web services I implement this rule:
Every call has at least the same two parameters to return
- serviceCode
- serviceMessage
then you add any further parameters - the application specific parameters

This way you always have some values to return curfew / authorisation / application error information.  Very important for web services because there is no other means of communication.

serviceCode = 1 is my standard “method executed without exception” value

everything else you make up to suit your protocol / programming standards

Rob