Omnis on line help Manual 603 Information Only Need correcting

Bruno Del Sol bruno.delsol at bydesign.fr
Mon Dec 22 11:03:27 EST 2014

Hi,

Bob Whiting stated officially at Euromnis that the documentation needs to be enhanced, which is great. Unfortunatly, he
was not very clear on how they would achieve this enhancement.

I think that in our domain of expertise there are 2 documentations that are de facto standards of how docs must be
organized, and we're all used to at least one of them :

. http://www.postgresql.org/docs/
. http://dev.mysql.com/doc/

So to sum it up, the main features documentation readers need are :

1 - there must be a unique source tree for the whole documentation and it must be entirely online and searchable at once.

2 - It should be possible to export or print the entire doc as a collection of html files or as a single pdf.

3 - Last but not least : TL's tech support and developpers like Kelly Burgess should be able to enhance the
documentation by commenting it online. Comments should be moderated by tech support.

4 - some kind of history source (wiki, twitter, rss, mailing list, whatever ...) would allow to review recent changes to
docs and new comments, and send daily or weekly digests to suscribers.

HTH
Regards
Bruno

By Design