totc()

Daniel Sananes danielsananes at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 13:06:29 EST 2014

Hi again,

Wonder if someone can explain why these two present the same result. I just
copied these from codes in an omnis7-application.

I do not understand how the longer totc()-expression understands itself.

Calculate Amount as
totc((InvAmount)*(InvType='F'&(InvAmount>=0&InvTotal>=0)))

Calculate Amount as tot(InvAmount)

Does the (InvType='F'&(InvAmount>=0&InvTotal>=0))-expression really selects
the correct lines. Obviously it does. But how?

And how does InvAmount multiplied by the expression work. I don't understand
the logic.

The second calculation is from a list which was merged with
InvType='F'&InvAmount>=0&InvTotal>=0 for testing the correctness of it all.

Hope someone has the good heart to lecture me!

Regards

Daniel