Data Entry field control

GZiemann gzieman54 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 05:47:24 EST 2014

I’m getting re-acquainted with Omnis after being away for several years and have forgotten how to do a basic task.

How do you control the active field when creating a new record? My usual Insert method is:

(do some prep work, like setting main file, set read/write files, etc)
Clear main file
Redraw
Enter data
If flag true
	Prepare for insert with current values
	Update files
End if

If I was entering data in a record before I start my Insert method, the active field is always whatever field I was last in before I started the Insert method.
I know the secret is in Queue set current field, but wherever I put it, it doesn’t seem to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.