Citrix, AWS, and Omnis 6

Ken Dimson ken at dimson.com
Wed Dec 3 20:31:57 EST 2014

We are not using Citrix but do use Windows Remote Desktop services for our application.

On an RDP server we install one Omnis Studio RT and setup app folders for each individual user. In the startup of the RT we have a startup library that gets the RDP username and the path to the user app folders and then launches the first library in our application from that location.

This makes it easier to do updates to the RT as there is only one copy and given each user has his/her own set of libraries we can also update same without worrying about a library being opened by another user.

As said this environment is not the same as your proposed one so above comments may not be applicable.

Ken

Ken Dimson
ken at dimson.com