Citrix, AWS, and Omnis 6

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Tue Dec 2 16:05:44 EST 2014

hi Mark:

we've got people using citrix nicely (we didn't set it up -- large city institutions) ...   and I really only have one comment...

I don't know if you use the 'firstrunintall' folder for deployment -- but I'd consider it.   that will copy your library and startup into each users  /users/[username]/appdata/tigerlogic foler

we've found that to be quite useful because it creates a read/write folder away from program files on each user's personal workspace.

meaning:
-- there is one copy of your app on the server in 'program files/yourapp'
-- you put the serial.txt and appropriate files (inlcuding .lbrs) into 'firstruninstall'

and then none of the users will interfere with each other.   its made a huge difference for us supporting multiple users on single machines (which is what terminal server and citrix really is) -- while playing nice with win 2008 server and up.

only downside, the deployment of a new library means you need to get it into each users personal 'tigerlogic' folder...   or delete that folder from each users appdata directory when donig an update.

the appdata directory is sys(115)

just my thoughts.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 536-1205    Fax (403) 536-1210