Consulting request - looking for export from ancient Mac .DD1 file to something readable by modern tools

Mark Phillips mark.phillips at mophilly.com
Tue Aug 26 22:57:14 EDT 2014

Nick,

As it happens, we have an old PowerPC Mac that may still boot correctly, so at the very least we can take a look at it for you.

However, as the others have said, there are issues. Omnis 3 is very old. It went out of production in the 1980's, IIRC.

If Michael is correct about the DiskDoubler files, then you may be in a difficult spot. I never used DiskDoubler so I doubt we have a copy to work with.

As Stephen mentioned, the relationships between tables are defined by "omnis connections", which are not readily visible. While not completely inscrutable, there is work to do to map the relationships so you can reassemble the data.

 - Mark Phillips