Consulting request - looking for export from ancient Mac .DD1 file to something readable by modern tools

Michael Houlberg michael at houlbergdevelopment.com
Tue Aug 26 20:03:09 EDT 2014

Nick,

I no longer have a Mac that can do it.  It would require something with a PowerPC and a version of the Mac OS that can emulate the old “classic” 68000 code.

But if .DD1 isn’t a typo to mean .DF1, I wonder if this data is stored in the ancient Disk Doubler format?  That could throw another monkey wrench at you.  I used to use Disk Doubler way long ago to cram more stuff onto limited hard drive space but later was out of luck with several archived files when I could not longer locate a version of Disk Doubler that would work.

One final, hopeful thought.  If they have the old Omnis Utilities or perhaps the Omnis Data Utilities, they could possibly export the data themselves into any of several delimited formats on the machine they are using with this old data.

Michael Houlberg
Houlberg Development, LLC