Assign $dataname?

Todd Mowbray mimm at montana.com
Thu Mar 21 17:51:10 EDT 2013

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to assign a different $dataname to a field during runtime depending on...?

I have tried the following w/o apparent success:

Do $cinst.$objs.//Contacts/Products/Docs//.$objs.paint con city.$dataname.$assign(fProjects.fPrjPntrCell)

I have also tried the full notation with the same result. I presume I could use $canassign to determine that, but I'm not fluent enough with notation to know how to formulate the command, or find/read the result. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

TIA
Todd Mowbray