The trouble with quarantine

Michael Monschau michael at brainydata.co.uk
Fri Mar 15 05:54:43 EDT 2013

Hi Bas,

This is very interesting. I have had customers on Windows Vista and 7 with similar problems when DLLs were downloaded on that machine. I think it depended on their security settings. One work-around I found was to download on Macintosh (I am still on 10.7 on my main development machine) and than copy it across the LAN to windows. I wonder if that also works in reverse. Another was to get the advanced properties of the DLL and click the "Unblock" button.

Do you think downloading on 10.7 and than copying to 10.8 would also avoid this marker?

I wonder if there is a better solution as this will probably come up more and more as people migrate to the newer OS.

Do you mind if I create a technical note on the Brainy Data website about this using your work-around. I will credit you for it.

Regards,
Michael

Michael Monschau (Director)
Brainy Data Limited