O$4 Set reference question

Michael Rowan mike.rowan at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 12 16:34:57 EDT 2013

Hi
I have a window that has several instance variables of type list, or row.
Some of the subwindows need to access those lists or rows, so they include matching instance variables of type item ref, and a method:

$initialise
Set reference iListA to $cwind.iListA.$ref
etc

This works perfectly well.

The odd thing is that this code, following a breakpoint, sometimes reads:

$initialise
Set reference iListA to $cwind.$ivars.21.$ref
or Set reference iListA to $cwind.$ivars.iListA.$ref

This does not appear to be harmful, but I wonder if there is a problem waiting for its chance to create havoc?

Michael Rowan
mike.rowan at internode.on.net

11 Kingscote Street
ALBERTON