invisible Omnis data files?

G Allan Lombardi lombardi3 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 8 11:53:31 EST 2013

Using Omnis commands, I can create a new data file, write to it, close it, re-open it, write to it again.  Sequence numbers increment as expected which confirms that the data is being written to disk and that the data file does exist.  Also, I can later access these records normally as long as I don't lose the name of the data file.

However, I never see this data file on the desktop nor can I find it with the Finder - either by Name or by Creation Date.  It is only visible in the Studio Browser.

Data files I create by the Studio Browser don't have this peculiarity.  I must be missing something about the concept of an Omnis data file .

Mac, Omnis Studio 5.2.3 © 2012 TigerLogic Corporation, 32-bit
TIA, Allan