Using $find() in Outlook

Todd Mowbray mimm at montana.com
Sat Mar 2 21:41:27 EST 2013

Hi All,

Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong with trying to find a specific Contact in Outlook? I have the Contacts folder successfully placed in an object variable (cvContacts), and if I use $getfirst() instead of $find(???) in the snippet below, it works. When I try to use $find(), the Do command returns an empty variable, so I'm guessing my syntax for the $find(???) must be wrong?

Here's the snippet:

Calculate lvFindText as con('firstname=','''Johnny2''')
Do cvContactsObj.$find(lvFindText) Returns lvFoundObj
OK message  {Found [lvFoundObj.$firstname]}

Thanks very much in advance,
Todd Mowbray