Update w/OMSQLDAM

Todd Mowbray mimm at montana.com
Wed Aug 28 02:28:54 EDT 2013


Thanks for the refresher!

Todd

On Aug 28, 2013, at 12:25 AM, Toppicinformatik Softwarehersteller <toppicinformatik at gmail.com> wrote:

> ivStmnObj.$sqltext()
> 
> cheers Stefan
> 
> 
> 2013/8/28 Todd <mimm at montana.com>
> 
>> Thanks for your suggestion Keith. Can you review for me how to check the
>> generated string? I just saw it demonstrated a few days ago, but it was in
>> with a lot of other stuff and I didn't take sufficient notes - plus the
>> memory isn't what it used to be! :-)
>> 
>> TIA
>> Todd
>> 
>> 
>> On Aug 27, 2013, at 2:40 AM, Keith Bartlett <keith at adnetltd.co.uk> wrote:
>> 
>>> Check the SQL produced by your $execdirect, see if it is valid.  I've
>> sometimes found an $execdirect will not work where a $prepare and $execute
>> will, so maybe try that combination.
>>> 
>>> Cheers
>>> Keith
>>> 
>>> On 24 Aug 2013, at 03:39, Todd Mowbray wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Hello All,
>>>> 
>>>> I just finished a very cool and stimulating instructional/demonstration
>> session with David Swain at the TL offices in Irvine. It has made me
>> realize that I need to get my app to be able to be used via the web. I want
>> to make it a two step process by providing a JS Form subset of the windows
>> of the desktop app for the outside sales staff that will be able to have
>> read/write access to the Omnis Datafile .df1, and then work on converting
>> the rest of the app to SQL, etc.
>>>> 
>>>> With that in mind, I have set up an SQL style JS form in the app, have
>> created the tables and schemas, and have gotten it to log on to a OMSQLDAM
>> session. I can do selects and inserts, and the inserts are nicely reflected
>> in the Omnis data file as shown on the desktop windows. BUT, I am having a
>> problem in getting an update to work. I have tried using the prebuilt
>> $update() method (it returns flag True), I have tried creating a Statement
>> object and using various permutations of the $execdirect method (they
>> return flag False).
>>>> 
>>>> Here are the snippets:
>>>> 
>>>> Do ivClientRow.$update(iOldRow) Returns lReturnFlag (this claims
>> success, but nothing happens to .df1)
>>>> 
>>>> Then I tried:
>>>> 
>>>> Do rtvSessionObj.$newstatement('CliStmnt') Returns ivStmnObj
>>>> Calculate ivClientRow.$statementobject as ivStmnObj
>>>> Do ivStmnObj.$execdirect(con('Update scClients
>> ',rtvSessionObj.$updatenames(ivClientRow))) Returns lStatus (this shows
>> false)
>>>> 
>>>> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>>> 
>>>> TIA,
>>>> Todd
>> Mowbray_____________________________________________________________
>>>> Manage your list subscriptions at http://lists.omnis-dev.com
>>> 
>>> Keith Bartlett
>>> Adnet Ltd - (0)1491 642133
>>> www.adnetltd.co.uk
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _____________________________________________________________
>>> Manage your list subscriptions at http://lists.omnis-dev.com
>>> 
>> _____________________________________________________________
>> Manage your list subscriptions at http://lists.omnis-dev.com
>> 
> _____________________________________________________________
> Manage your list subscriptions at http://lists.omnis-dev.com




More information about the omnisdev-en mailing list