O$4.3.2.1 JavaObjs not loading

Reg Paling reg.paling at lokanet.com
Fri Aug 16 03:17:44 EDT 2013

Hi Kim,

I've just been struggling with this to get my Studio 6.0 setup working
on my main Mac.

One thing I learned this time around is that the cache reset involves
the following steps.
1) Delete jcache1.dat (either via $resetclasscache(), or in the Finder)
2) Restart Omnis.  It should rebuild the cache on startup, if there are
many Java classes there may be a noticable delay.
3) Quit Omnis.  At this point, Omnis adds any classes discovered while
Omnis was running, and saves jcache1.dat.  It seems it doesn't save the
file until Omnis closes.
4) Restart Omnis again, and hopefully it's all in good shape.

I don't know if these points apply to Studio 4.x - it always seemed to
me to be very flaky.

Cheers,
Reg