O$: read non-unicode Datafile in O$ 5.2

Nick Renders omnis1 at arcict.com
Tue Apr 30 06:39:13 EDT 2013

Hi List,

I am looking for a way to read data from a non-unicode Datafile in Omnis
Studio 5.2.

The Datafile is still being used by an O$ 4.3 Library and conversion to
unicode is not an option.
I've read in the "What's New" PDF that you can interact with non-unicode
databases using the DAMs, but this does not seem to apply to the
OmnisSQL DAM.

Any ideas on how to read the data in 5.2 without converting the
Datafile?
We're thinking along the lines of setting up an O$ 4.3 Library to pass
the data to the O$ 5.2 Library.

Regards,

Nick Renders

ARC - your ICT service partner