EMERGENCY! Unicode question on export file

Michael Monschau michael at brainydata.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 12:52:22 EDT 2013

Hi Brian,

If you need to export in either Mac Roman or Windows Extended ANSI character sets as you would have done in Studio 4.3, you need to use the function uniconf() in Catalog->Functions->Unicode.

This function allows you to convert Omnis unicode text to various character encodings including the type kUniTypeNativeCharacters, which may be what you are after. All the type constants are listed in Catalog->Constants->Unicode.

Regards,
Michael

Michael Monschau (Director)
Brainy Data Limited